I love the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. The character, Holly Golightly talks about having the "mean reds", (her description for feeling out of sorts and depressed). I guess for her, the color blue just didn't express how she really felt, so she used red to imply a deep, deep sadness. For multiple reasons, the holiday season may be a difficult time for you. You may be estranged from family or your loved ones may be miles away. Money may be tight (or non-existent) and you're feeling depressed and lonely. Feeling sad or just "not in the Christmas spirit" happens, but it's how you deal with it that matters. Whatever the "color" you ascribe to your mood, make sure you remain keenly aware if it lasts for too long and especially if your "color" affects your everyday functioning. Seek help and share your feelings with someone who can help. It's the best way to organize your life-take control!!
Dr. D. Clutter™
Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (279)
- End of the Year Clearance
- Blues or Reds?
- Contain Your Joy
- Merry Christmas
- Picture Perfect
- Keep Giving
- A Touchy Subject
- Recycled Christmas Cards?
- Lose Five Pounds in Minutes
- The Recession Proof Christmas Child
- Buying Christmas?
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas
- 1-Day Rule
- Organizing the World One Person at a Time
- Recession Proof?
- Jump Start
- Imitation is Flattery
- First to Last
- ▼ December (21)