You survived 2008!!
You survived New Year's Eve and New Year's Day; so give yourself a well-deserved rest, but don't rest too long. Okay, that's long enough!! Let's hit the ground running and take those steps I wrote about yesterday to start changing your life. What's on your mind today? Well, I'm really thinking about goals especially after the big "no resolutions" pep talk.
So why do we put so much pressure on the first day of the New Year? Well, it's because it's a "blank-slate" type of a day. The year is new, we feel revitalized and we don't have any failures (or what I call successful failures, but more on that later or read my books) to weigh us down. I love the New Year, but why not decide to change because it's Friday, it's May or because you truly want to change? That's the best time to "resolve" to change. By taking change gradually, in stages, you'll give yourself multiple opportunities for success. So follow these steps and see where they take you. Set your goals. Write them down and post them. Tell others about them. Don't be shy-share. Be specific (no generalities allowed here). Be realistic (you cannot lose 50 pounds by February, or at least you shouldn't). Give yourself time-specific frames for achievement (and revisit weekly or monthly to evaluate your success or successful failures). If you break your commitment to change into smaller components (goals), they won't seem as daunting and overwhelming.
Now get to goal setting!!
Dr. D. Clutter™
Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- Month's End Review
- Dr. DClutter’s™ Wiseisms and Truthisms™ Daily Insp...
- Be the Tortoise, not the Hare
- It's snowing!!
- You Might Be Controlling If…
- Walden University Alumni Magazine Article
- Commencement-A Moment in Time
- Congratulations Walden Graduates!!
- The End is Not Near
- Look Up
- Presidential Parade
- More Pictures
- More Pictures
- More Pictures
- Inauguration Pictures
- Mr. President
- Remember the Dream
- Goals and Plans
- Rank Order
- OPP (Other People's Property)
- The Sky's the Limit
- Pick Your Battles
- Keep Out!!
- Child's Play
- The Planning Game
- How to Start?
- New Year Goals
- New Year's Resolutions
- ▼ January (30)