Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
"Try" is a word that I eliminate from my vocabulary as often as possible. It's not the easiest exercise, but it's one that will truly change your life. Seriously. When you use the word "try" you've already given yourself an excuse not to complete a task. Here are a couple of examples: I will try to clear my desk today, versus, I will clear my desk one section at a time-more definitive. I'll try to make it to the gathering, versus, I will not be able to attend due to another appointment; more honest and straightforward. Now you do it. I've heard that the ever-wise Yoda stated, "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try". No, I'm not a Star Wars fan (I actually found that quote online). Go figure that I could quote a little green character. I guess wisdom can come in all forms.
Dr. D. Clutter™
Posted by Dr. DClutter™ at 7:04 AM
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week Guide to a Year of ...
- Reach Higher
- The List
- Searching? Finding?
- An Office Before and After
- Participation Required
- Identification Required
- Bees at the Water Cooler
- Simplify. Simplify.
- Bill Collector
- Times Two
- Prime Real Estate
- No Vacancy
- Dr. DClutter’s™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- A Lifesaver
- Something New
- Mistakes and the Editing Queen
- Happy Birthday Malinda!!
- ▼ February (21)