- Always remain calm, professional and composed. Never yell or call the person on the other end anything but their given name-it goes a long way towards getting you what you want.
- Document, document, document. Always get the name and ID number of the person to whom you spoke.
- Note the time and date of your complaint.
- Note the proposed outcome the company has offered.
- Don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor if you're not satisfied with the first response.
- Follow up if you don't receive the proposed outcome.
- Only complain if the situation warrants. Don't do it just for fun. No one wins in that situation.
Dr. D. Clutter™