It's okay to reminisce, but don't spend so much time looking back that you miss the opportunities that are in front of you.
Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
It's been stated that men and women communicate differently. Men are said to use 3-stages in which they think, process and then articulate, while women use a 2-stage process of thinking, then articulating. Agree or disagree? Let's discuss.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Recently I contacted my credit card company about an erroneous charge (resolved), but eventually listened to the representative talk about his three children and the challenges he and his wife were facing in raising the middle child, who suffered from low self-esteem. Now, that was not the "intended" purpose of the call, but it was the "necessary" purpose of the call. He needed an ear and I had one, plus the time to listen. Use your gift whenever the opportunity presents itself. You never know what the benefit to another human being will be.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
There are two options for dealing with clutter. Either increase your space or reduce your stuff. It's a simple concept, but often difficult to implement. Once you embrace that these are your two viable options, all that's left to choose is which path you'll follow and to stick with it.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
There is an elderly woman at church with the voice of a songbird and she could hit notes sometimes that I thought only dogs could hear!! Her signature song was "If You Can't Help Me". The lyrics included some great life lessons: If you can't help me, please don't stop me, move out of my way, don't try to block me, I got a race to run, and I'm running by faith, at the finishing line, I'll see God's face. Enough said!!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
I often wonder what makes people difficult to get along with in life. I further wonder if someone has hurt them along the way and they then feel the need to return the "favor" to soothe their own hurt. Or are some people just ornery? Whatever the reason, we have to encounter unpleasant people. The challenge is not allowing them to alter our state of being. What's your take?
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
My tips and strategies are on page 43 and 44 of the article, De-cluttering 2.0. Please share your thoughts!! Scroll over to the right for the full article (past the big silver trashcan (SMILE).
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ► 2012 (109)
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (279)