Ah, a 2 pocket folder; it's the workhorse of the office world, but let's face it, even I can't make it sound exciting. But wait-I think I can. Did you know that you can help save a tree or two (or millions) just by using recycled office supplies like Smead's 100% Recycled 2 Pocket Folder™? On my soapbox here (and using CAPS, so please indulge me)-USE AS MANY RECYCLED PRODUCTS AS POSSIBLE!!-off my soapbox now and thanks for listening :)
Products are provided free by Smead for review.
Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Monday, April 23, 2012
Problems sometimes simply require a refocusing of your thoughts and behaviors. If you're lacking a solution, don't become bogged down by them. Ask for help. Sometimes your problems simply require a refocus of your thinking (and action) about them. Gain a fresh perspective!!
Friday, April 20, 2012
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
As a "doctor of positivity", I'm going to ask you to do something that will sound counterintuitive, but its not. I want you to fixate. Now, that normally comes loaded with negativity, but not this time. I don't want you to fixate on your problems, worries or difficulties (you probably do that enough already). Instead, I want to encourage you to fixate on all of the positive aspects of life-your successes, your accomplishments, your joys and rewards. Set aside a time every day to do nothing but fixate on those things that improve your life. Do this, without fail, and I believe you will start to see a change in your attitude towards life. Fixate!!
Monday, April 16, 2012
Okay, here's where fear and loathing could be introduced because if you're like me, you too hate the scale (it's evil). But I'm not talking about the number on THAT scale. I'm talking about your luggage. Since I do my fair share of traveling and have seen the shocked looks of disbelief when a traveler is told about a luggage surcharge, I never leave home without weighing my own. Yep, no surprises for me!! A luggage scale is inexpensive (mine was under $20) and fairly accurate (usually within a pound or two). So, even for a self-confessed over-packer like me, there are tools that can save you a little (or a lot) of money if used wisely.
Friday, April 13, 2012
Ever received an email (or text) that sent your heart into fluttered palpitations? How about a voicemail that made you feel as if all of the blood had certainly drained from your face? While your initial response would be to compose a curt response or leave a "let-me-get-you-straight" response, DON'T. Wait a day or so to allow your emotions to return to the normal state before responding. It could save a relationship (business or personal) and it might just give the problem a chance "to work itself out". As my Grandmothers would say, "Don't make haste."
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
I'm a self-confessed over-packer. Organized packer? Yes. I have my checklist prepared always. Functional? Absolutely. I take what's needed for each part of the trip...but I could never get it down to just one bag for my luggage. Well, miracles happen everyday!! I managed to get everything I needed for a trip in one bag. So very proud of me.. Toot, toot (that's me "tooting" my own horn). Hey Paris Love, I did it, lol!!
Monday, April 9, 2012
Friday, April 6, 2012
Life give us many choice, some positive, some not so positive. We have to seize each opportunity to make changes that will propel us forward. Being stuck in one place or afraid to try new things is like pushing the "pause" button in life. Don't!! Push "play" every chance you get.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012
How much of your life is spent on mindless tasks that don't enrich or benefit you? Take stock (and notes) of the things that you may do throughout your day that are "stealing" your precious time and then vow to stop. After all, your time is one of your most valuable resources.
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ▼ April (13)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (279)