Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Is it Really Free?
We all like free stuff-it's just fun, but many offers come with a hefty price tag, even if it's lauded as "free". What generally happens is there's a requirement for you to provide your billing information. RED FLAG!! If it's free, why would they need to "bill you?" Nothing "free" requires your billing info. If however, you decide to venture forward into the land-of-not-really-free and provide that information-be aware- they expect you to sign up and never cancel. To avoid that pitfall, be certain you have few pieces of information handy: the cancellation period before you're billed; the method necessary for cancellation (telephone number, website, mailing address) and any confirmation numbers you were given. Also, set a reminder before the deadline to remind yourself to cancel. Then, it might really be "free", and you won't have to foot the bill, except for your time, which should be priceless.
Posted by Dr. DClutter™ at 7:00 AM
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (279)