Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Locksmith is a word that sends shudders up my spine. Think about it. Is it ever good if you have to call one? Normally, you need one because you're in a not-so-nice situation. You know, you've gotten out of your car and "SLAM", you close the door, but the keys are still in the ignition or on the seat. Or, you've just left your home and "SLAM", the door closes and you look back to see your keys still lying on the table or hanging on the hook (neither is good for your safety as no one should be able to see your keys through your door, but that's another day's post). Oh, the feeling of dread that washes over you. You're locked out!! Here's a simple, easy, tried and true solution. Always do a "visual check" just before you close the door. What I mean is, don't assume you have your keys because you think you put them in your purse, backpack or briefcase. Unless you physically have your keys in your hand, don't assume you have your keys. Each time I leave my home or get out of my car, if my keys are not in my hand, I do a "visual check" of my bag. No sighting of the keys and I don't close the door. I've never had to call a locksmith, so I must be doing something right.
Dr. D. Clutter™
Posted by Dr. DClutter™ at 7:05 AM
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- Proof of Purchase
- Smile Factor
- Death of Time
- Social Networks
- She Said, I Said
- Visualize and Actualize
- Hands Off
- The Scheduled Chef
- Alone versus Lonely
- Duly Noted
- Levels of Clutter
- Pro and Con List
- Go Through
- Mail, Mail, Go Away!!
- Brand Loyalty
- Moving in the Wrong Direction
- Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!!
- ▼ April (22)