So, you say you don't like eating veggies and haven't had a piece of fruit in ages? Well, there's always another way. Try drinking them instead. This my personal recipe with ingredients I had on hand, but feel free to experiment and personalize it with your own favorites (or soon to be favorites). Fresh is ideal, but frozen (which is as close to fresh as you can get) and canned work as well. Try to use unsweetened canned fruits in the natural juice to reduce the sugar and rinse canned products to remove some of the sodium. You can also just buy the reduced or no sodium varieties. So, no more excuses not to “eat” your veggies and fruit. Go for it and share whether you liked it or not.
Oh, it helps to have a high quality blender and the smoothie tastes better the second day. Hooray for leftovers, a great way to save time, while doing something that is great for you health!!
Please, share your recipe with me.
2 cups of almond milk
1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup fresh Spring Mix greens
10 cherry tomatoes
1 can of unsweetened pears
1 can of unsweetened mandarin oranges
Just a note, I've used apples, blueberries, grapefruit, grapes, peaches, and strawberries, as well as other fruits. Nuts too such as cashews, almonds and macadamia.
Makes about 5 cups. Mix and chill or freeze.
Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ▼ 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (279)