You're aware of the popular plastic multi-gallon storage containers, right? You know the ones that have the tops and hold tons of "stuff"? Here's a concept that usually brings looks of disbelief and confusion when I say it in my seminars. They are not necessarily for organization. "What??!!" They’re for storage, thus the name "Storage Container". "Huh??" Yeah, that's usually what I hear from people. What I mean is that a storage container is not designed to hold things that will be used on a regular basis but is intended for those items that will be cycled in and out of use within the year. They should not be used to hold things that you don’t want to discard and that allow you to justify your clutter. Christmas decorations and seasonal clothing-yes; broken toys and mildewed books-no. Especially forbidden are these:
Dr. D. Clutter™
Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- ► 2009 (279)
- End of the Year Clearance
- Blues or Reds?
- Contain Your Joy
- Merry Christmas
- Picture Perfect
- Keep Giving
- A Touchy Subject
- Recycled Christmas Cards?
- Lose Five Pounds in Minutes
- The Recession Proof Christmas Child
- Buying Christmas?
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas
- 1-Day Rule
- Organizing the World One Person at a Time
- Recession Proof?
- Jump Start
- Imitation is Flattery
- First to Last
- ▼ December (21)