I've touched on goal setting before and will probably do so many more times. It's such an important aspect of any organized existence. First, make sure that you start small. There's nothing more frustrating than having a goal or plan and becoming so overwhelmed that you scrap it before you've had the chance to succeed. Next, be specific. A goal without a direct plan of action and desired outcome is ripe for failure, so don't allow that to happen to you. Finally, don't be too rigid. Be willing to make concessions or sacrifices. The best goals and plans are those that allow you to be flexible and won't cause you to break them because you couldn't achieve what you set out to do.
Have a wonderfully organized weekend!!
Dr. D. Clutter™
Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- Month's End Review
- Dr. DClutter’s™ Wiseisms and Truthisms™ Daily Insp...
- Be the Tortoise, not the Hare
- It's snowing!!
- You Might Be Controlling If…
- Walden University Alumni Magazine Article
- Commencement-A Moment in Time
- Congratulations Walden Graduates!!
- The End is Not Near
- Look Up
- Presidential Parade
- More Pictures
- More Pictures
- More Pictures
- Inauguration Pictures
- Mr. President
- Remember the Dream
- Goals and Plans
- Rank Order
- OPP (Other People's Property)
- The Sky's the Limit
- Pick Your Battles
- Keep Out!!
- Child's Play
- The Planning Game
- How to Start?
- New Year Goals
- New Year's Resolutions
- ▼ January (30)