Not so long I ago, I espoused the virtues of letting go. Well, some asked how you determine if you're in control or being controlling. I love Jeff Foxworthy's comedy routine, "You Might be a Redneck If", so in honor of that, here are a few hints that you've passed control and have become controlling. First, if you've voiced your concerns and not allowed ample time for a change in behavior to occur-you might be controlling (no, one hour is not long enough). If your blood pressure becomes elevated when you see one item out of place, you might be controlling. If your family leaves or hides every time you walk into a room, you might be controlling. If the dog refuses to go on walks with you, you might be controlling. Seriously, if your behaviors or habits are causing you and those around you more grief, frustration and aggravation than pleasure, it's time to reevaluate and make changes. After all it's funny on stage in a comedy routine, but not so funny if you have to live it every day.
Dr. D. Clutter™
Life management insights, strategies, hints, ideas, and tips from Dr. DClutter™.
- Dr. DClutter™
- Washington, DC, United States
- I am Dr. Darnita L. Payden, Executive Director/Owner of Dr. DClutter™ Life Management, a division of PreciousOnes™ LLC. I have a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and over 20 years of experience working to help clients discover their strengths and talents. Having worked as a therapist, college professor, grief specialist and trainer, I have encountered in my journey many of the issues my clients may face. I have a sincere desire to help you find clarity, organization and independence in your life and environments. I know that life can be hectic, but I desire to help my clients bring as much order, peace and enjoyment back into their lives as is possible. What separates me from the norm? I focus on the client from a holistic perspective. I realize that most people desire a functional and an organized life, but may simply need support, understanding and information about why they have the habits or tendencies that have led to disorganization. I do not perform “quick fixes” or provide “one-size-fits-all” guidance, but I strive to provide strategies to my clients that will be life changing and useful for a lifetime. Dr. DClutter™ is a name well earned!!
Dr. DClutter's™ Publications
- Dr. DClutter's™ Wiseisms and Thruthisms™ Daily Inspirations, Observations and Humorous Musings
- Dr. DClutter's™ One-Day-a-Week-Guide to a Year of Random Acts of Kindness (plus 20 extra days just in case)
- Dr. DClutter's™ 21-Day Journey to a New You
- Declutter-Four Benefits of an Organized Life
- Clutter Makes You S.I.G.H.™
- Simplify. Simplify. How to Declutter Your Life
- ► 2012 (109)
- ► 2011 (218)
- ► 2010 (266)
- Month's End Review
- Dr. DClutter’s™ Wiseisms and Truthisms™ Daily Insp...
- Be the Tortoise, not the Hare
- It's snowing!!
- You Might Be Controlling If…
- Walden University Alumni Magazine Article
- Commencement-A Moment in Time
- Congratulations Walden Graduates!!
- The End is Not Near
- Look Up
- Presidential Parade
- More Pictures
- More Pictures
- More Pictures
- Inauguration Pictures
- Mr. President
- Remember the Dream
- Goals and Plans
- Rank Order
- OPP (Other People's Property)
- The Sky's the Limit
- Pick Your Battles
- Keep Out!!
- Child's Play
- The Planning Game
- How to Start?
- New Year Goals
- New Year's Resolutions
- ▼ January (30)